Hey GEMS! Are you enjoying Spring as much as we are?
Spring is so much FUN! We’re always happy to say good-bye to the cold weather of winter, and hello to the warm days of Spring.
In Spring everything comes alive. The grass turns green. Trees get leaves. Flowers start to bloom! We got to thinking about all of the fun things you can do in Spring, and wanted to share them with you!
1. Plant spring flowers – Pansies are great for for spring, because even if you have a cold day with frost or snow – it doesn’t hurt them! They don’t mind a little cold. A lot of stores will have them for sale. Just put them in the ground, or in a pot and they will brighten your day. We think Pansies look like they have little faces on them. Do you think so too?
2. Pick a bouquet of spring flowers. Be sure to ask if it’s OK first.
3. Have a picnic. Pack up a lunch and eat it outside. You could even do this in your own backyard!
4. “April Showers Bring May Flowers.” Have you ever heard this saying? Don’t be sad if it’s a rainy day. All of the rain in April makes the flowers bloom even more in May!
5. Yes, it does rain a lot in Spring. That’s OK. Put on your raincoat, and rubber boots. It’s FUN to splash in puddles!
6. Rainbow! After it gets done raining, see if you can find the rainbow.
7. Decorate your room for spring. Turn your room into an outdoor wonderland. Draw Spring Pictures. Here are some things you could draw:
- Flowering Trees
- Green Grass
- The Sun
- Anything else that makes you think of Spring!
8. Go for an adventure walk with an adult. See how many flowers you can find, and which trees have leaves or flowers. See which yards have the grass turning green. What has changed in your neighborhood since winter?
9. Ride your bike or scooter. It will feel great to get out in the fresh air and ride after you’ve spent a lot of time inside over the winter.
10. Go to the park. Have fun on the playground! Swing, climb, and ride the teeter totter with a friend. It’s Spring! Have Fun!
We hope you get to do some of these fun things for Spring. We want to know what is your favorite thing about Spring? Tell us in the comments.